INTERNORGA press accreditation
Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH (HMC) wishes to make it easier for journalists to get access to information on its events and company by means of accreditation. Accreditation is given exclusively for the purpose of journalists’ reporting.
You can get accreditation for INTERNORGA 2020 at the Press Counter (Central Entrance, Messeplatz 1) during the event itself or, better still, use our online accreditation service (available from February 2020).
With a press accreditation you also have the opportunity to participate in the INTERNORGA congresses. Please understand that the seats in the event rooms are limited and reserved for congress participants. Thank you very much!
Please keep in mind that the evaluation of online accreditation requests may take up to one week. As we cannot guarantee the processing of online requests during the event itself we please ask that you use the services offered by our press counter on the fair grounds while the event is taking place. Thank you!
The following are eligible for accreditation
Persons from Germany or abroad who can provide the following proof of journalistic (including photojournalistic) employment (related to the topic of the exhibition in question):
- By presenting by-line articles published no earlier than six months before the time of the event
- By presenting a legal notice in which they are named as editors, permanent editorial staff or authors, and which is no older than three months at the time of the event
- By presenting a written commission from a complete editorial office, in the original, relating to the current exhibition
- By means of a weblink to an online publication that is well established in the industry community in question and that can prove an adequate reach. In these cases, advance accreditation is necessary due to the extra verification effort. Online media of this type must have been in existence for at least three months, must produce regular entries and the most recent article relating to the topic of the exhibition must be no older than three months. (In individual cases, separate, more detailed accreditation rules may be specified for bloggers, with a separate status for bloggers.)
- By presenting a document no older than six months stating that they work for a school magazine, or by presenting a valid ID from a youth press organisation, or by presenting written confirmation from a school stating that they work for the school magazine in an editorial capacity
- Holders of a valid press card from a German or foreign journalists’ association
Not eligible for accreditation
- Individuals unable to provide any form of journalistic legitimation, including customer service representatives, sales managers, advertising sales managers or webmasters, PR consultants, and accompanying private persons.
- Germans living in Germany but presenting a foreign press ID.
- Individuals presenting a written request by an independent reporter.
- Individuals active on social media on an exclusively private basis.
Note on legitimation
We point out that presenting a press card is generally not, in itself, sufficient grounds for accreditation. Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH reserves the right to request further proof of journalistic employment as specified in the above mentioned items. Credentials should be presented in German or English. Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH reserves the right in individual cases to also demand presentation of a valid photo ID. There is no automatic right to accreditation. If necessary, Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH shall exercise its domiciliary rights.